Many people love stainless steel water bottles because they are lightweight, durable, and easy to clean. However, there are some people who complain that they can’t get the water bottle clean.
The main steps to cleaning your stainless steel water bottle without a brush are:
- Rinse it out with hot water before filling it up with cold water
- Fill the bottle up with hot water and a teaspoon of dish soap
- Let it soak for 10-15 minutes
- Scrub with a sponge or washcloth
- Rinse off the scrubber and then rinse off the bottle
In this article, we will share with you our best tips on how to clean your stainless steel water bottle so that it stays in pristine condition for a long time.
3 Best Ways to Clean Your Stainless Steel Water Bottle Without Dish Soap
Dish soap is by far the most intuitive and popular way of cleaning any kind of dishware, but if you aren’t a fan of dish soap, then here are some alternatives.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar: Fill your water bottle with 1/2 cup of baking soda and a teaspoon of white vinegar. Shake or stir until everything dissolves, and let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it out and using it again.
- Lemon Juice and Salt: Fill your stainless steel water bottle with hot water and add one tablespoon of lemon juice (freshly squeezed or store-bought) and one teaspoon of salt. Shake gently for about 30 seconds before leaving it to dry.
- Boil the Bottle in Water: Fill a pot with two cups of water and then place the bottle inside and bring it to a rolling boil for five minutes. Remove the pot from heat and let it stand for another five minutes.
Why You Should Keep Your Stainless Steel Water Bottle Clean
If you don’t clean your stainless steel water bottle regularly, it will start to smell and taste bad. This is because of the buildup of bacteria that you cannot see with the naked eye. These bacteria can cause health problems or just leave your water tasting bad or metallic. It’s best to rinse your water bottle after every use and make a habit of cleaning it regularly.
Daily Habits to Keep Your Stainless Steel Clean
The stainless steel bottle does not need much maintenance. In fact, it does not need any maintenance at all if you want to keep it clean and shiny. However, it will require periodic scrubbing with dish soap to remove stubborn stains on the surface of the bottle. You can also use a scrubbing pad or toothbrush to remove dirt particles from the surface, like fingerprints and other marks.
Why is the Bottle Marked “Dishwasher Safe” but Requires Manual Cleaning?
Some people are confused about why the stainless steel bottle is marked “dishwasher safe” but requires manual cleaning. The reason for this is that dishwashers are not designed to clean the inside of bottles and can leave a residue of detergent on the inside of the bottle.