Foot golf is a recent sport that seems to be growing in popularity, particularly in England. It’s a more ‘primitive’ version of golf where players just need a soccer ball and their feet to play. Let’s take a look at what the sport is, how it originated, and why it’s catching on!
What Is Foot Golf?
Footgolf is a combination of the two sports of football and golf. It is played with a standard size 5 football on a golf course, with the objective being to get the ball into the hole in as few shots as possible.
The sport was invented in Holland in 2006, and has since spread to over 40 countries around the world. The United Kingdom has become one of the leading nations in footgolf, with over 300 courses now open across the country.
Footgolf is a great way to enjoy the outdoors, get some exercise, and have a lot of fun. It can be played by people of all ages and abilities, making it a great activity for families and groups of friends.
How To Play: Putting On A Towel
Assuming you don’t have a dedicated foot golf towel, here’s how to tie one around your waist so you’re ready to tee off:
1. Fold a bath towel in half lengthwise.
2. Wrap the towel around your waist, making sure the fold is at the back.
3. Tie the ends of the towel in a knot at your side or in front, depending on your preference.
4. Trim any excess fabric if necessary.
And that’s it! You’re now ready to hit the foot golf course and show off your skills (or lack thereof).
Differences Between Foot Golf And Real Golf
FootGolf is a new sport that is slowly gaining popularity all over the world, especially in the UK. It is similar to golf, but instead of hitting a ball with a club, you kick a soccer ball into a hole. The game is played on a golf course with 18 holes, and the goal is to get the ball into the hole in as few shots as possible.
The main difference between footgolf and regular golf is that footgolf can be played by people of all skill levels. You don’t need expensive equipment or years of experience to play, which makes it much more accessible than regular golf. Another difference is that footgolf courses are usually shorter than regular golf courses, so the game can be completed in a shorter amount of time. Finally, footgolf is typically played with smaller groups of people, so it’s a great way to socialize and have fun with friends.
Benefits Of Playing Foot Golf
Footgolf is a game that combines the best elements of two sports – football and golf. It is played with a standard size 5 football on a golf course, with the objective being to get the ball into the hole in as few shots as possible.
There are many benefits to playing footgolf, which is why it has become such a popular sport in recent years. Here are just some of the reasons why you should give it a try:
1) Footgolf is a great way to get outside and enjoy some fresh air. Being in nature has been shown to have numerous health benefits, including reducing stress levels and improving mental well-being.
2) It is a low-impact sport that is suitable for all ages and abilities. Whether you’re young or old, fit or not so fit, footgolf is a great way to exercise without putting any strain on your body.
3) It’s an social activity that can be enjoyed with friends or family. There’s nothing better than spending time with loved ones while getting some exercise at the same time!
4) You can play footgolf competitively or just for fun. If you’re looking for a challenge, there are tournaments held regularly across the country. Or, if you just want to relax and have some fun, you can easily do that too.
5) Footgolf is an affordable sport – all you need
Other Interesting Tournaments Right Now
While the game of FootGolf is most certainly not new, its popularity has seen a meteoric rise in recent years – particularly in the UK.
There are tournaments being held up and down the country on a weekly basis, with many of them televised. Here are just a few that you might want to check out:
The British Open FootGolf Championship – This tournament is open to both professional and amateur players, making it one of the most popular events on the circuit. It takes place over four days in May at various courses around the UK.
The World Cup of FootGolf – The ultimate test for any player, this tournament pits 32 countries against each other in a battle for global domination. The 2018 edition will be held in Argentina.
The Ryder Cup of FootGolf – Patterned after the famous golf event, this tournament sees two teams of 12 players from Europe and the USA go head-to-head. The inaugural event was held in 2017 and was won by Team USA.