Are you looking for the easiest way of melting your belly fat and shrinking your waist? You must learn how to do the vacuum exercise if your answer is yes!
Hectic work schedules, poor diet, lack of sleep, and lack of exercise are causing all sorts of health-related issues. Millions of people have gained excess fat and lost the natural shape of their bodies. Back pain, neck pain, and poor posture have become pretty common health problems in today’s adults.
People are searching for simpler and faster ways of reclaiming that charming shape. The stomach vacuum is one of a few exercises that can help you achieve your fitness and wellness goals. Continue reading to find out what vacuum exercise is and how to do it flawlessly!
What is Vacuum Exercise?
Commonly known as stomach vacuum, the vacuum exercise is an easy way of making the midsection slimmer and tighter. It targets the transverse abdominis, which is a muscle behind the rectus abdominis muscle. You may know those muscles as the “Six Pack.”
You have to build that muscle to improve your postural strength. It will help you pull those internal organs to regain a slim and attractive waistline.
Famous bodybuilders have practiced this exercise to gain an attractive shape. It became their go-to choice for lean, strong, and beautiful abdominal muscles. Now, you can try it at home or at work to improve your belly’s shape.
Performing the Vacuum Exercise!
You can perform the vacuum exercise in several ways. Let’s explore those simple and effective methods!
Supine vacuum exercise
Spread a yoga mat and lie down on your back. Bend your knees and keep your feet flat!
- Now, breathe in from your nose and gradually exhale the air through your mouth. Exhale as much air as possible and then contract your stomach.
- Your belly button should be pulled deeper inside to work on the transverse abdominis.
- Breathe normally while contracting abdominal muscles. Try to take your belly button closer to the spine. Hold this position for 10-15 seconds and then get in a normal position.
Repeat this exercise at least three times a day!
Standing vacuum exercise
Do some stretching exercises before starting the vacuum exercise while standing.
- Stand normally and maintain proper balance!
- Inhale from your nose for five seconds.
- Slowly exhale for five seconds
- Now, start sucking that belly button as deep as possible.
- Keep your tummy contracted for at least 20 seconds and breathe normally.
- Now, take a deep breath and relieve the stomach!
You can perform this exercise while kneeling or lying in a prone position. The basic exercising technique will be the same and all variants of this exercise are effective.
Do not try to hold your breath while contracting the stomach. Breathe gradually and stay calm. Perform this exercise 2-3 times a day, which would be a great aid for achieving your fitness goals.
How Effective the Vacuum Exercise is?
The stomach vacuum exercise has been around for so many decades. Popular bodybuilders, such as Arnold used to practice this exercise daily. You may not get abs only by performing the vacuum exercise, but it will speed up the process!
This exercise is not a miracle cure for belly fat, lower back pain, building core strength, and improving posture. However, it can simplify the path and you will achieve your fitness goals within a few months.
Do not forget the following tips while performing the vacuum exercise!
- Do not hunch over!
- Breathe calmly
- You can use your hands to contract the tummy and keep it contracted for a while.
Do not forget your pelvic muscles because you can work on them while performing the vacuum exercise!